- 20/20 (9/16)
- Dancing with the Stars (9/19)
- Castle (9/19)
- Body of Proof (9/20)
- The Middle (9/21)
- Modern Family (9/21)
- Grey’s Anatomy (9/22)
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (9/25)
- Desperate Housewives (9/25)
- Happy Endings (9/28)
- Private Practice (9/29)
- Revenge (9/21)
- Charlie’s Angels (9/22)
- Pan Am (9/25)
- Suburgatory (9/28)
- Last Man Standing (10/11)
- Man Up! (10/18)
- Once Upon A Time (10/23)
SHOWS I AM MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO:
- Castle (This has grown to be one of the top 3 shows on TV and it gets no love…yes Emmy people, that was directed at you. Last season ended on a hugely powerful note…Captain Montgomery is dead and Beckett was shot at his funeral with Castle declaring his love for her. Can there be a big jaw dropper of a season finale?? Well maybe The Mentalist but that would be it. Cannot wait!!!)
- Happy Endings (This show really got better and caught a nice groove towards the end of the first season. I can easily see this turning into one of my favorite comedies.)
- Cougar Town (Even though this is returning later, I still can’t wait!!!)
- Revenge (I love a good night-time soap. Although most of them haven’t lasted as long I would have liked…I’m still upset about Dirty Sexy Money…I hope this one does.)
- Once Upon A Time
- Pan Am
- Charlie’s Angels (The reviews have been so bad I have to watch. Plus I loved the original as a kid.)
SHOWS I AM LOSING INTEREST IN BUT WILL GIVE ONE MORE SEASON TO:
- Modern Family (A wildly disappointing season 2 that wasn’t nearly as good and is turning into a significantly overrated and overhyped show…yes Emmy people, that was directed to you. I didn’t even bother watching the last 4 episodes of last year and I’ll only watch now if I happen to be home and nothing else is on.)
- Grey’s Anatomy (Once my favorite show on TV, while last season was much better than the last few seasons prior, this show has run its course.)
SHOWS I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT:
- Dancing with the Stars
- Man Up!
- Last Man Standing
- Desperate Housewives (I used to watch but gave up 2 seasons ago.)
WHAT TO WATCH FOR:
- Desperate Housewives Final Season: I know I just said I gave up on this show season ago, but for those of you who haven’t the final season is must see TV. I am still surprised this show was set up for a final season (especially after the ladies inked deals for 2 more seasons.) Like Grey’s, I think the show is tired and should go out while it’s still kind of on top.
- Body of Proof On The Fall Schedule: this show had a nice run in the spring and was much better than I thought it was going to be. Even though it piled up on my DVR and I just watched the last 4 episodes about 2 weeks ago, I really enjoyed it’s freshman season. But let’s see how it does in year two.
- Happy Endings: this show barely made its renewal and I couldn’t be happier because I really enjoy the show! But how will it do with a full season. It should have some help with Modern Family as its lead in.
EARLY THOUGHTS ON NEW SHOWS:
- I haven’t seen any of the new ABC shows. I’ve seen many different clips and read many reports on the media site regarding the premises and directions of the new shows. So with that limited information, I would say I am most excited about Revenge and Pan Am. My jury is out on Once Upon A Time and Charlie’s Angels. OUAT I have heard mixed reviews but the cast is great and premise sounds fascinating. I wonder how similar it will be to a show I did see and can’t wait for which is Grimm. I am definitely giving OUAT a chance. CA has me a little more concerned. While I loved the original and I had strong hopes considering the cast, I haven’t read or heard one good review of the show yet. And not only have the reviews been bad, they have out right RIPPED the show, the writing, the cast, everything. Normally I don’t take any mind to other people’s thoughts only because I like to form my own opinion and everyone’s tastes are different. But 99% of time, when there is this strong a consensus on a show, the consensus is right. I’m kind of bored with the whole remake an older show anyway. As for the comedies…Man Up, Suburgatory, and Last Man Standing….meh. They sound like typical comedies. I’ll watch but I’m not holding my breath.