Last year I went through the nominations category by category. This year I’m not doing it. It gives too much time and effort to these jokes of nominations. But as always, I congratulate all the actors and shows for their recognition. It’s not their fault the Emmy committee is a bunch of douchebags.
First, the YEAHS of the group:
- Veep (Best Comedy)
- Zooey Deschanel (Best Actress – Comedy – New Girl)
- Julia Louis-Dreyfuss (Best Actress – Comedy – Veep)
- Amy Poehler (Best Actress – Comedy – Parks and Rec)
- Max Greenfield (Best Supporting Actor – Comedy – New Girl)
- Merritt Weaver (Best Supporting Actress – Comedy – Nurse Jackie)
- Game of Thrones (Best Drama)
- Homeland (Best Drama)
- Claire Danes (Best Actress – Drama – Homeland)
- Julianna Margulies (Best Actress – Drama – The Good Wife)
- Damien Lewis (Best Actor – Drama – Homeland)
- Christine Baranski (Best Supporting Actress – Drama – The Good Wife)
- Dot Marie Jones (Best Guest Actress – Comedy – Glee)
- Jon Hamm (Best Guest Actor – Comedy – 30 Rock)
- Martha Plimpton (Best Guest Actress – Drama – The Good Wife)
- Loretta Devine (Best Guest Actress – Drama – Grey’s Anatomy)
- Jean Smart (Best Guest Actress – Drama – Harry’s Law)
- Michael J Fox (Best Guest Actor – Drama – The Good Wife)
- Dylan Baker (Best Guest Actor – Drama – The Good Wife)
- Jason Ritter (Best Guest Actor – Drama – Parenthood)
Now, these aren’t all the nominations I am happy about, but these are the ones that really made me do a dance.
Max Greenfield was absolutely hilarious and I am THRILLED that his work was recognized. While I stopped watching Nurse Jackie a long time ago because I really didn’t like the show, Merritt Weaver was fantastic!!!! Good for her getting a nomination. I love all the Homeland love!!! Dot Marie Jones has been the best part of Glee for 2 years so I couldn’t be happier for her and I hope she wins. And really, every guest star that is on The Good Wife should be nominated because they are all that good. And if the entire cast of Modern Family can be nominated, why not The Good Wife guest stars????!!!! FINALLY…SOME Parenthood love. Yeah Jason Ritter!!!
Now for the Are you F*@$ing Kidding Me Portion:
- The entire cast of Modern Family is nominated…again
- Four out of the Six Supporting Comedy Actors are from Modern Family
- Kathy Bates AGAIN for Harry’s Law? No Lauren Graham? No Sandra Oh (I’m not loving Grey’s Anatomy but she has a phenomenal year.) No Lena Headey? No Madeline Stowe? No Monica Potter? No Kyra Sedgwick? At least we know she won’t be nominated again with Harry’s Law being canceled.
- Where the hell was Robert Carlyle for Once Upon A Time? Anyone? Anyone?
- How many times do I have to scream about Parks and Rec? No best comedy and no Nick Offerman.
- Someone needs to explain to me how Downton Abbey went from a Mini-Series to a Drama and American Horror Story is considered a Mini-Series and not a Drama. Oh that’s right, because they need to fudge categories to get people and shows in that they want to nominate. Like Nurse Jackie being a comedy so Edie Falco can be nominated.
- In that case I would like to create the category of “Best Comedy That Was Actually Funny.” The nominees are: Community, Cougar Town, New Girl, Veep, Happy Endings, Episodes, How I Met Your Mother.
- How in the world with all those nominations is The Good Wife NOT nominated for Best Drama?
- Don Cheadle? Really?
- Ashley Judd and Missing were nominated in the Mini-Series category? (Please see bullet point #6) When did your show getting canceled lump you into the Mini-Series category?
- Will Parenthood EVER get the recognition it deserves?
The Emmy’s are getting to the point where once you are nominated, you never move from that nomination. It’s almost as if the Emmy voters say “Here are the nominees and these will be the nominees until either someone really shocks us or their show gets canceled.”
But as much as I complain, I’m still going to turn in and watch and hope my favorites get selected!!!