- 20/20 (9/14)
- Shark Tank (9/14)
- Primetime Emmy Awards (9/23)
- Dancing with the Stars (9/24)
- Castle (9/24)
- Private Practice (9/25)
- The Middle (9/26)
- Modern Family (9/26)
- Grey’s Anatomy (9/27)
- Scandal (9/27)
- Once Upon A Time (9/30)
- Revenge (9/30)
- America’s Funniest Home Videos (10/7)
- Suburgatory (10/17)
- Happy Endings (10/23)
- Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apt 23 (10/23)
- Last Man Standing (11/2)
- The Neighbors (9/26)
- Last Resort (9/27)
- 666 Park Avenue (9/30)
- Nashville (10/10)
- Malibu Country (11/2)
SHOWS I AM MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO:
- Castle (Castle and Beckett are finally together. I can’t wait to see what happens next!!!!)
- Revenge (Revenge had a fantastic first season. Emily’s mother is alive, Fauxmanda is pregnant with Jack’s baby, and it’s possible 3 people may be dead…but I’d be shocked if it was Victoria.)
- Scandal (Another great first season and I’m thrilled it’s on the fall schedule. I’m still not 100% sure if I care who Quinn really is, but we’ll see. I’m disappointed Henry Ian Cusick won’t be back and I’m not sure how that’s handled since he was her rock on the show. But I loved this show so I’m willing to go with everything for now.)
- Grey’s (Who will die when we come back? I would have to say Slone since Eric Dane isn’t coming back. I think it would be sweet…that way he can finally be with Lexie. But don’t be surprised if it’s Arizona. Shonda Rhimes has been very mum on Jessica Capshaw’s contract and the way Callie kept going on and on about how great her life is and how things are perfect right now, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Arizona.)
- Once Upon A Time (Another great rookie season…ABC had many of those last year! Now that the curse has been broken and Emma believes, what happens now?)
- New Shows: Last Resort, Nashville, 666 Park Avenue.
SHOWS I AM LOSING INTEREST IN BUT WILL GIVE ONE MORE SEASON TO:
- Happy Endings (I didn’t enjoy Happy Endings in its 2nd season as much as I did its first. The friendships seemed a bit less believable and the quirkiness seemed forced instead of natural. It was as if the show wanted to be so weird and over the top that it wasn’t enjoyable. If the writers can tone it down a bit, I’ll stick around. If not, I won’t.)
- Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apt 23 (There were some episodes that were funny and many that weren’t. I didn’t hate the show but it wasn’t as strong at the end of it’s run as it was in the beginning of the run. I got really bored by the characters by the time the finale rolled around. That’s not good. I’m going to give it another season because it was enjoyable enough. But if the characters don’t become more interesting or funny, I’m out.)
SHOWS I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT:
- Dancing with the Stars
- The Middle
- Modern Family
- Last Man Standing
- Shark Tank
WHAT TO WATCH FOR:
- The Sophomore Slumps? Revenge, Scandal, and Once Upon A Time had very strong rookie campaigns for ABC last year. Can they keep up the level of strength in their writing and characters in Season 2? These shows were very unique and had loyal audiences but not monster ratings. So they better make sure the story telling and character development is there, or there won’t be Seasons 3 and beyond. But I have faith they’ll be just fine!
- “Castle” Making Castle and Beckett A Couple for Season 5. I think the timing was perfect. Any longer and Castle would have been in Bones territory. I know viewers and fans were torn about this…most people wanted them together but were worried how that would change the dynamic of the show. Well we’ll find out in a few weeks but I don’t think we have anything to worry about. Andrew Marlowe has been planning for this from the beginning so I don’t think we’ll be disappointed!
- Revenge Moving to Sunday Nights. Sunday night is jam-packed with TV and 9pm is brutal….Revenge, Dexter, The Good Wife, Sunday Night Football…ugh! Thank goodness for the 3 DVRs, I’m going to need them just for Sunday night alone. There’s a lot more competition for Revenge on Sunday nights, which makes me nervous. Wednesday night was much easier for Revenge, let’s hope the audience moves with it. ABC has a bad habit of moving shows all over the schedule and having it fail badly. I hope that doesn’t happen here.
EARLY THOUGHTS ON NEW SHOWS:
- I haven’t seen any of the new ABC shows. I’ve seen many different clips and read many reports on the media site regarding the premises and directions of the new shows. So with that limited information, I would say I am most excited about Nashville, Last Resort, and 666 Park Avenue. My jury is out on The Neighbors and Malibu Country, which isn’t surprising since I’m much harder on comedies. I like the creepiness of 666 Park Avenue and the cast is fantastic. It really has an all-star cast led by Terry O’Quinn, Vanessa Williams, Dave Annabelle, and Rachel Taylor. 666 Park Avenue follows Jane and Henry as they are offered the opportunity to manage The Drake hotel for owners Gavin and Olivia Doran. The Drake is elegent and beautiful…where all of Manahattan’s elite want to be seen. But the Drake is also dark with a certain evil lurking about. Do Gavin and Olivia hold the keys to the mystery of the Drake or are they just pawns in a much larger game? I can’t wait to find out! Nashville stars Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere has country music stars in different stages of their career. Britton’s Rayna is the long time star whose career is on the decline with her label ready to let her go. Panettiere’s Juliette is on the upside of her career. She doesn’t nearly have the talent and songwriting ability Rayna has, but she’s young and beautiful and the label wants Rayna and Juliette to tour together to help both of their careers. I’m shocked I have any interest in this show because I HATE country music…with a passion. But this show looked so good, I have to watch it. And I love me some Connie Britton! Finally we have Last Resort. I’m not sure if this show is going to make it…ratings wise. I like the concept…a US sub is asked to fire their nuclear weapon at Pakistan. When the Captain (Andre Braugher) asks for confirmation (the weapon is only supposed to be fired if the USA has been wiped out) the White House strips him of his title and gives it to the next in command (Scott Speedman.) But the new Captain also questions the orders and as a result the US fires upon their own sub and they become enemies of the USA. For me, I am all over this show! But I fear this won’t appeal to too many viewers. As for the two comedies…The Neighbors and Malibu Country…meh. I’ll check them out but I’m not sure they’ll stick. One show is about Stepford aliens living in a cookie cutter community and the other is a country music star who moves her family to Malibu to start a new life. With my lack of love affair with country music, I can only handle one country music show at a time, so I will be passing on Malibu Country. I know that’s a dumb reason, but it’s the truth. As for The Neighbors, I’m not big on alien shows. I’ll check it out but I don’t know if I’ll stick with it.
Those are my thoughts on ABC. What are yours? Let me know!