- 20/20 (9/6)
- Dancing with the Stars (9/16)
- Last Man Standing (9/20)
- The Neighbors (9/20)
- Shark Tank (9/20)
- Castle (9/23)
- The Middle (9/25)
- Modern Family (9/25)
- Nashville (9/25)
- Grey’s Anatomy (9/26)
- Scandal (10/3)
- Once Upon A Time (9/29)
- Revenge (9/29)
- America’s Funniest Home Videos (10/6)
- Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD (9/24)
- The Goldbergs (9/24)
- Trophy WIfe (9/24)
- Lucky 7 (9/24)
- Back in the Game (9/25)
- Betrayal (9/29)
- Super Fun Night (10/2)
- Once Upon A Time in Wonderland (10/10)
SHOWS I AM MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO:
- Castle: Castle proposed to Beckett. What!!!!
- Revenge: Revenge had a fantastic first season but a sub par second season. Will it rebound this year?
- Scandal: What does the last line of last season mean….Dad?
- Grey’s: There’s no way Richard’s dead right? RIGHT?
- Nashville: I’m pretty sure Rayna and Deacon are alive but what will be the result of that crash…both physically and emotionally?
- All the new shows this season for ABC.
SHOWS I AM LOSING INTEREST IN BUT WILL GIVE ONE MORE SEASON TO:
SHOWS I COULDN’T CARE LESS ABOUT:
- Dancing with the Stars
- The Middle
- Modern Family
- Last Man Standing
- Shark Tank
WHAT TO WATCH FOR:
- Revenge’s New Show Runner. No one will disagree that Revenge seemed to lose its way last season (can you say The Initiative.) And according to new show runner, Sunil Nayar and ABC Entertainment President, Paul Lee, Revenge stumbled and was too confusing last year. The fans would certainly agree. So Nayar’s main task to is build on the storylines from Season 2 but using the template from Season 1 that worked so well. That includes bringing back the “revenge of the week” episodes that were so much fun the first season. According to reports (and an interesting promo) the premiere really resets somethings and sets up the series for an amazing season full of twists and turns (but in a good way.) I can’t wait. Because as bad at times as last season was, Emily told Jack who she really was, Victoria’s son is back in the picture, and how will everyone deal with the loss of Declan.
- Sandra Oh’s Last Season on Grey’s. Grey’s was going to be in my “I Will Only Give This One More Season” section until the news of Oh leaving the show came out last month. I’m kind of done with Grey’s but even though over the course of the series, Cristina was not one of my favorite characters, Sandra Oh is a fabulous actress. So I’m curious to see how they write out one of the originals that is such a HUGE part of the show. She’s Meredith’s person after all. I can’t imagine Meredith without Cristina and vice versa. So will Cristina go out alive or dead? I’ll be tuning in to find out.
- New Show Tuesday Night. I can’t remember the last time I saw an entire night full of new shows. Tuesday is all in on the new shows with Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, The Goldbergs, Trophy Wife, and Lucky 7. I’ll talk more about each of these in the new show section but I’m curious to see how these will do in the ratings. Usually there is at least one strong existing show to anchor the ratings for the night but ABC is really relying to the new shows to beat out NCIS, NCIS LA, Person of Interest, The Biggest Loser, and The Voice. Ouch. Good luck with that. There is a ton of buzz around SHIELD but will it be enough to jump-start the evening?
EARLY THOUGHTS ON NEW SHOWS:
- I haven’t seen any of the new ABC shows. I’ve seen many different clips and read many reports on the media site regarding the premises and directions of the new shows. So with that limited information, I would say I am most excited about Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, Betrayal, Trophy Wife, and The Goldbergs. I want to really like Back in the Game and I’ve heard good things but I’ll have to see. The jury is out for me on Once Upon A Time In Wonderland…I don’t know if I need to fairy tale shows. And I have 100% ZERO interest in Super Fun Night and Lucky 7. I’ve watched all the promos and you know it’s bad when you’re getting annoyed at having to sit through 3 minutes of a promo video of a show and can’t wait for it to be over. That’s how I felt about Super Fun Night. When I watch shows like that, like Free Agents and Whitney a few years ago, I wonder how these shows ever made it to pilot. HORRIBLE!! Both SHIELD and Betrayal look fantastic and I think Revenge is the perfect lead in show for Betrayal…it will be a good soapy night on ABC!! I’m usually pretty hard on the comedies but I really enjoyed the promos for The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife. There were many times I laughed out loud and I see good potential for both. And the cast for Trophy Wife is insanely good….Bradley Whitford, Malin Akerman, Marcia Gay Harden, and Michaela Watkins. ABC for the most part has, on paper, a solid line up of new shows. But also liked lots of their new shows last year and most of them were canceled so what do I know!