- 90210 (9/13)
- America’s Next Top Model (9/14)
- The Vampire Diaries (9/15)
- Nikita (9/23)
- Supernatural (9/23)
- Gossip Girl (9/26)
- Ringer (9/13)
- H8R (9/14)
- The Secret Circle (9/15)
- Hart of Dixie (9/26)
SHOWS I AM MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO:
- Supernatural (Castiel is now God….what!!!! Also, I hope S7 will be stronger than S6 was.)
- The Vampire Diaries
- Ringer (Sarah Michelle Gellar’s return to TV…hollar!!!!)
SHOWS I AM LOSING INTEREST IN BUT WILL GIVE ONE MORE SEASON TO:
- Gossip Girl
SHOWS I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT:
- America’s Next Top Model
WHAT TO WATCH FOR:
- Supernatural’s Season 7 Return: Fans of the show saw Castiel last season turn from trust worthy, lovable Cas into cunning, manipulative, all-powerful God. The Castiel you knew is gone is the quote from the S7 promo. You aren’t kidding. Not to mention, Misha Collins will not be around as much this season as in previous seasons. Castiel/Misha fans are really crying foul over that. Since I’m not as big a Castiel fan as other people are, it doesn’t bother me. But, after a very disjointed S6, the idea that the angel the boys have grown to trust has now turned on them and become the most powerful entity they know, and how that will impact their relationship and what they do for a living moving forward, could be very compelling. That could be a tremendous storyline but not if Misha Collins is only going to be in 5-6 episodes, if he’s in that many. According to an early press release from The CW, in S7, the Winchesters will be facing a foe unlike any they have encountered before. What will make this so tough is that all their weapons, tactics, and methods won’t work the way the have in the past and they will really need to rely on each other to succeed. Hmm. I’m not sure how you could have a bigger for than Lucifer, but I’ll go with it. I will say that I really like the idea of having to come up with a new way to defeat the Big Bad with none of the methods or weapons working on the villain. And I hope they don’t forget about Sam and the wall coming down in his head. They have to deal with that!
- Nikita’s Sophomore Season: It’s hard to write about Nikita because I still have 6 episodes left to watch (which I will be doing after this post.) I love the show but I wonder if it will hold its audience from last year. Sophomore shows always have an interest from me because I think they can potentially have tough years if they weren’t that strong in their rookie year or if they were strong, how well they hold up after the new schedule comes out. Nikita will be one of those sophomore shows, I keep an eye on. Plus, it’s awesome!!!
- Sarah Michelle Gellar’s TV Return: I know people who are still upset that Buffy the Vampire Slayer is no longer on the air. I didn’t watch it during its first run through but I watched Seasons 1 & 2 on Netflix this summer and I am part way through season 3 (so no spoilers please!) SMG is certainly a force on network TV and I’m sure the CW is THRILLED to have her as part of their network family. I heard the Ringer panel at Comic Con was ridiculously crowded simply because people couldn’t wait to see her. I wish her and cast much success with the show which looks fabulous and I can’t wait to watch it!!!
EARLY THOUGHTS ON NEW SHOWS:
- Only four new shows on the CW with one I certainly won’t be watching (H8R) and one I most certainly will be watching (Ringer.) As for Hart of Dixie and The Secret Circle, I am definitely going to check out Hart of Dixie. Love the cast and the basis for the show. It has some potential so I will give it a chance. I’m not sure about TSC. I really don’t need another teen show…even if it is about witches and looks somewhat interesting. Plus I already have Grey’s, Person of Interest, The League, The Office, and Whitney in that time slot. TSC may be a casualty of simply no time to watch. It’s obvious that I am most excited for Ringer and SMG’s TV return.